At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow.
We work on a number of different projects that span technologies, systems, and processes. A few of the technologies we're leveraging on the web at SumUp include React, Webpack, Jest, Enzyme, Storybook, Next.js, Gatsby, Emotion, Node, and Docker.
What you’ll be doing in this position
Hundreds of thousands of business owners rely on SumUp to drive their business. You'll shape some of their core experiences: from their first impression on our website, to the web-based features that make them loyal to our platform. Here are some of the things you'll be doing at SumUp:
• Collaborate with product and design departments to build maintainable, usable, and beautiful features
• Share your knowledge with other developers through pair programming and receive mentorship in return
• Help us continue to develop our open-source projects and culture.
• Prior professional experience or successfully completed course in related field
• Good knowledge of version control systems (Git)
• Passion for creating beautiful products with attention to detail
• Ability to communicate fluently about technical topics in English
• In general, technology excites you and you strive to learn something on a daily basis!
• Opportunity to be a partner with SumUp in achieving its goal to becoming the first global card acceptance brand.
• A startup work environment, passionate, collaborative and results oriented
• Empowerment of employees to fulfill their role in the organization.
• Open workspace environment
• Office relaxation activities such as yoga and massages
• We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football provide and office parties.
• Team Building activities touring in the different SumUp sites globally
• 23 days paid vacation + 1 accumulative day for each year of employment at SumUp
• Additional health insurance
• Hackathon Events
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.