At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow.
We are looking for a Partner Engineer who can master all the technical aspects of integrating SumUp's APIs and SDKs for mPOS and eCom, to support, QA and gather regular technical feedback from partners. A successful candidate will be able to improvise and adapt to the needs and the technical requirements of the partner he or she is supporting.
Your work as a Partner Engineer is ever-evolving. One day, you might be on a call with our Business Team and a prospective partner, scoping a SumUp implementation to meet their needs. The next, you'll do some troubleshooting with a partner’s engineering team to enable them to successfully process their first transaction. After that, you might update the technical documentation to address common questions or challenges you notice integrators are having.
At its core, this is a client-facing technical support position, so you should have an in-depth understanding of technical aspects of web, server-side and mobile development.
SumUp's solution can get a new partner transacting in just a few hours, and you will be a key component in improving that process even further.
What you’ll be doing in this position
- Work with 3rd party developers who are integrating SumUp’s APIs and SDKs product
- Provide technical support via phone, chat or email to partners' engineering team
- Actively troubleshoot, test, launch and post go-live monitor integrated solution
- Work with SumUp's Business Development to team manage relationships with existing partners and sign up new integrator
- Produce and maintain integration guidelines and technical documentation that improve the integration experience
- Help SumUp's Engineering and Product teams address integration issues, improve existing integration products and develop new ones
- Obtained or are currently pursuing a degree in Business or an alternative discipline that comprises a good mix of business and IT
- Knowledge of mobile development
- Past experience or interest in the payments industry
- Hands-on experience integrating 3rd party APIs, RESTful services, and native SDKs for Android/iOS/Windows
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- A self-starter, motivated, innovative, and capable of quickly learning/adapting.
- Fluent in English, other languages a plus
- When applying, please include a brief cover letter explaining your motivation for applying to this position
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Convenient location in the heart of Mitte at U-Bahn Oranienburger Tor.
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, table tennis, beer in the fridge, and more!
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, soccer, yoga and German lessons.
- Our team comes from 30 different countries creating a fun, international environment.
If you want to know what it’s like to work at SumUp, check out our careers page at https://sumup.com/careers.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.