At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow
As part of SumUp's Hardware team, you’ll develop state of the art payment terminals and peripherals. You will work closely with our hardware, software and industrial design teams, engaging with marketing and manufacturing partners. In Hardware our goal is to envision and beautifully design our products, making sure they are prepared for payment and security specifications. We are passionate about our product and the vision of bringing new payment solutions to small merchants!
What you’ll be doing in this position
- Design specification and implementation of embedded software in the field of payment processing terminals
- Technical analysis, verification and validation of the software
- Execution of code and architecture reviews to ensure the quality of implemented solutions. You bring your experience to develop software on embedded operating systems and bare-metal systems
- Perform acceptance, functional, regression and exploratory testing on the SumUp platform. Take care of manual, automation tests and investigate production issues
- Read remote system logs
- Create test plans, test documentation and manuals
- Commit proactive approach within the team. Communicate and collaborate with colleagues within and outside of the Software Department to deliver best value
- Solid knowledge of the C programming language
- Operating System knowledge, preferably Linux
- Good understanding of embedded systems
- Knowledge on peripherals and buses like SPI, I2C etc.
- Solid understanding of Git cvs
- Knowledge on NFC, BT, WIFI
- Knowledge on middleware and application interfaces
Good to have skills:
- Knowledge on some scripting: Python, Perl, Shell script, etc.
- Knowledge on TrustZone
- Knowledge on TI Sitara processors.
- Prior experience with mainlining patches for linux / uboot
- Budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks!
- Weekly Lunch and Learn session, where the local engineering team exchanges ideas over company-sponsored lunch
- Semi-annual off-sites, where the tech teams from Berlin, Sofia, and São Paulo gather together. In the past we've gone to Bulgaria and Greece and a castle in the German countryside
- We have a close, welcoming and international community. Our team comes from 24 different countries creating a fun, international environment. We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football, office parties, German classes, and yoga
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, unlimited coffee, and a shiny MacBook Pro
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.