Our SumUp office in London is currently hiring for the position of Outside Sales Manager UK/Ireland (Mid-Market).
We are looking for a high energy sales professional, who will work closely with the Head of Business Development in the region, to uncover, approach and close SME and Mid-Market businesses, as well as strategic partners that fuel our sales pipeline across key sectors including: Stadiums, Charity, Delivery, Retail, Hospitality, Transport, Install and Repair.
- As your primary activity - identify, qualify, contact and sell our mPos solutions to mid-market businesses in the United Kingdom and Ireland, through direct sales on the phone, through email or in person.
- Use your experience and connections in the industry to secure strategic integration partnerships with ISVs that serve target sectors and drive indirect sales.
- Effectively articulate the SumUp proposition.
- We believe in a consultative sales approach: no cold calling, no "hard-sell". Your job is to offer great solutions to our customers' problems.
- Possess strong negotiating skills and regard lead qualification and deal closing as your absolute strength.
- You actively work on optimizing our sales process in order to continuously increase the satisfaction of our customers.
- You supervise your own projects and work closely together with other departments such as integrations, marketing and support.
- Be equally comfortable working on your own and as part of a team.
- Must have completed a Bachelor's, Master's, or MBA in relevant field (communications, business, management, etc.).
- 3+ years of direct sales or business development experience with proven success ideally in the FinTech or Merchant Service Provider environment - we also equally value fast learners!
- Comfortable communicating with and convincing C-level business partners.
- Experience and proven track record with a complete sales life cycle, from identifying leads, to pitching, closing and implementing them.
- Startups thrill you! You’re able to identify yourself with them and you know what awaits you when working for one. Startup experience is a definite plus
- Native level language skills (verbally and written) in English.
- Great communication comes to you naturally.
- Calmness, patience and wittiness are some of your core strengths.
- You have a friendly personality and are empathic.
- The satisfaction of your customers is your number one priority.
- You are persistent when it comes to understanding and fulfilling our customers’ expectations.
- You are good at managing your tasks and your time.
- You have basic knowledge of technology and you are a quick learner.
- Established connections in the local market.
- Bonus: You have experience working with ISV's serving our target sectors.
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Work in a small, highly motivated team with the modest goal of revolutionising an entire global industry.
- Holistic approach: you'll learn what it’s like to build up a global business and get insights to everything that goes along with it.
- Convenient location in the heart of Oxford Circus.
If you want to know what it’s like to work at SumUp, check out our careers page at https://sumup.com/careers.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. We started out 5 years ago and built our payment service from scratch to shake up the industry and wake up the entrepreneur within anyone. We created a unique device that, with the smartphone that’s in your pocket, allows small merchants to accept card payments anywhere. Whether our merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we want to make technology that everyone knows how to use. That way our merchants can focus on what they do best. From our paperless onboarding to taking the first payment, we make it easy. Traditional offerings leave out small businesses, we don’t. We are open and honest about our pricing and have no hidden fees.
Today, hundreds of thousands of small businesses in 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. In addition to our original hardware, mobile and web apps we have gone on to develop a suite of APIs and SDKs to integrate SumUp payment into other apps and services.
Why work for us?
We do things differently. We build our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value and service. We know how vital payment is to small businesses, so we use our technology to solve their problems. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: to build a better way to get paid. We’ve got some huge challenges ahead of us, and we need smart, creative people to help us tackle them. If you think you’ve got what it takes—join us.