Know more about SumUp
At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants.
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow.
Know our People team
It's such exciting times to be part of SumUp! As part of the global People team, you will help us build one of the best companies to work for in the world. Our mission starts with Talent Acquisition, a team that aims to attract the right talent and ensure candidates have an amazing experience while selecting SumUp as their next employer. When candidates become SumUpers, our Employee Experience team makes sure they have an engaging work environment where they feel comfortable to experiment and innovate. Alongside our Talent Development team, they guide SumUpers through their learning journeys, allowing them to unlock their full potential. Here are some facts about us:
- Our team is spread around 3 main locations in the world (São Paulo, Berlin and Sofia)
- Our members come from 15 different countries around the globe: Brazil, Bulgaria,China, Egypt, England, Germany, India, Pakistan, Portugal,Russia, South Africa,Turkey, Ukraine and USA
- We are to become heavy supporters of the agile transformation at SumUp, mentoring and coaching people at SumUp to approach their business needs in agile ways
What you’ll be doing in this position
- You will report directly to the Global VP of People
- You will assist us in creating and running scalable People strategies, projects and processes that support our fast-growing business in Brazil
- You will support, influence and become a trusted advisor of the local board of Directors in all people-related matters - common topics are compensation and benefits strategy, training, development and culture,
- You will coordinate, guide, inspire and mentor the Employee Experience team and work to build and implement the best solutions for our employees
- You have very solid experience as a leader in a generalist People or Human Resources function, either as a Head, Director or Senior Manager. In your previous jobs, you ran complex operations but also implemented new processes and projects
- You successfully worked for companies that were growing crazy fast and demanded your best efforts to come up with solutions and recommendations that were smart, up-to-date and scalable
- You are widely recognized as the go-to-person in all-things HR. Talent development, learning, training, compensation, staffing, headcount, culture, budget and even payroll - you have good understanding of these areas and experience in implementing special projects and running processes with different scopes
- You enjoy to be hands-on - strategy might keep you busy but you do not hesitate when you know you have to step in and work hard to make things happen
- You are fluent in both Portuguese and English: you are capable of accurately and clearly expressing yourself in both languages, in formal and informal contexts, writing or speaking.
- Super talented and international team
- Nice flexible working hours
- Transport voucher or parking space
- Meal voucher
- Optional dental assistance
- Child support for employee’s children of up to 6 years old
- Convenient location in the heart of Pinheiros (São Paulo), close to the central station and main avenues
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.