At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid.
If you believe high quality software is the right kind of software, and strive to participate in its creation from conception and through development, the SumUp QA team is the right place for you. As a Quality Engineer with us, you will have your problem solving skills challenged with new and interesting topics, while you keep expanding your technical knowledge in an agile environment.
What you’ll be doing in this position
- You will be working in a cross-functional squad along with developers, POs, etc.
- You'll be responsible for the quality of the products your squad creates, including, but not limited to, executing testing strategies;
- You'll ensure that your squad follows the quality guidelines set by the QA chapter and that these guidelines are adequate for your squad’s specific needs;
- You will be driving test automation efforts and take part in code review process;
- You'll deal with issues reported from end customers, including investigation, communication and delivery of fixes.
- You have extensive experience working as a Quality Engineer;
- You have Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science/Information Technology;
- You have professional experience with web applications & REST services testing;
- You have basic programming knowledge in JS/Ruby/Java;
- Knowledge in SQL
- Experience with CI and/or DevOps skills will be considered a great advantage;
- Experience in FinTech will be considered a plus;
- You are a proactive, focussed and communicative person;
- You are fluent in English - you'll be part of a truly global company!
- A startup work environment, passionate, collaborative and results oriented;
- Empowerment of employees to fulfil their role in the organization;
- Hackathon events;
- Opportunity to attend professional trainings and conferences;
- We get together regularly for breakfasts, game nights and office parties;
- Office massages;
- 23 days paid vacation + 1 accumulative day for each year of employment at SumUp;
- Additional health insurance.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind