At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
As part of the global People team, you will help us build one of the best companies to work for in the world. Our mission starts with Talent Acquisition, a team that aims to attract the right talent and ensure candidates have an amazing experience while selecting SumUp as their next employer. When candidates become SumUpers, our Employee Experience team makes sure they have an engaging work environment where they feel comfortable to experiment and innovate. Alongside our Learning & Development team, they guide SumUpers through their learning journeys, allowing them to unlock their full potential.
Our SumUp office in Berlin is currently hiring for the position of Senior People Partner Engineering & Product (HRBP).
In this job you will:
- Work closely with management and employees in Engineering & Product in Berlin to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention
- Suggest new HR strategies, build and deliver action plans for their internal clients
- Resolve complex employee relations issues and address grievances
- Analyze trends and metrics to generate actionable plans
- Balance global and local demands and practices in order to create global solutions that are applicable locally
- Work on and deliver learning sessions (workshops, trainings, interventions)
- 5+ years of experience as HRBP in a tech company with focus on Engineering & Product
- Strong generalist HR experience at advisor level, proposing and implementing bold changes in the organization
- Proven ability to provide support to senior stakeholders by coaching them into thinking innovatively about their work processes and team structures with a view of improving the business’s overall efficiencies
- Solid experience in overseeing and managing complex employee-relations issues, supporting formal meetings and hearings while simultaneously coaching the relevant managers on management best practices
- Strong ability to develop plans and take through to action – engaging relevant stakeholders and managing expectations around timing, process, deliverables etc
- Fluent English is a must and German is a plus
- International working experience and a global mindset
- Preferred experience in fast-growing businesses, tech or start-ups
- Empowerment to do great things and the opportunity to leave your mark in a high-growth organisation
- An amazing team and work environment, that works with passion and purpose to achieve incredible results
- Be a part of a truly global team: SumUpers come from over 50 different countries around the world!
- Nice and flexible working times
- Wellness perks: healthy snacks, Urban Sports Club, Yoga and Running Classes
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.