At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together the best team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
As a fast-scaling business, one of SumUp’s biggest challenges today is to achieve public-company data quality and become a truly Data-Driven organisation, while staying true to our startup roots and mindset. As our VP Data you will be the driving force behind this journey, we count on you to bring a contagious data mindset to all teams while taking our Agile transformation to the next level.
In this position you will:
- Own SumUp’s global data governance.
- Execute on our technical vision to manage and propagate data from our SOA services and bring it to the decision makers. Ensure data visualization and self-service capabilities are implemented effectively.
- Lead, inspire and develop a diverse group of Team Leads with different skills and backgrounds (Data Warehouse and BI). Empower the team to make strategic decisions and create an environment of trust and transparency.
- Ensure a global alignment in terms of how to maintain, store, adopt and process data. Drive the mission of bringing decision-ready-data to all teams, helping to refine training and benchmarking processes to evangelize tracking, A/B-testing and data analysis.
- Communicate with different stakeholders across the business and the world to align different perceptions of the strategic value of data.
- Assess our current systems, tools and infrastructure with the support of experts to ensure SumUp has state of the art pillars to build our vision from.
- You have extensive experience working in a senior leadership role for data and information management.
- You are an inspiring and visionary leader who creates an environment in which people feel comfortable to experiment and learn from their mistakes. You build teams that deeply trust each other and have a culture of transparency and constant feedback. You know when to set the pace to reach key goals, but also empower the team to lead strategic decisions by themselves.
- You are able to understand different business needs and foster cross-functional cooperation, influencing decisions across the whole organisation.
- You must be able to engage in and influence technical discussions related to Data Warehouse design, ETL processes and data visualization as well as A/B-testing and data quality testing. As such, you have experience with big data infrastructure and BI tools.
- You are ready to take decisive action and to challenge the status-quo if needed.
- Having experience in the payments fields will be considered a plus.
- You are confident translating business requirements into technical needs and adjusting your communication style swiftly when changing audiences.
- You are fluent in English - you'll be part of a truly global company!
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.