SumUp is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to enable the growth of SumUp’s US business. The successful candidate will be responsible for not only day-to-day accounting responsibilities and monthly close procedures, but also for accuracy and completeness of IFRS reporting and for multi-state compliance requirements. The candidate will be responsible for building and scaling the US finance function and US business by collaborating with cross-functional teams across SumUp.
Your will be a self-starter and work with limited direction while taking full ownership of their areas of responsibility. This role is expected to problem solve, lead automation projects (including the implementation of SAP), recommend solutions and exercise good business judgment while performing daily functions.
● Lead day-to-day general accounting procedures
● Lead monthly, quarterly and year-end closing procedures- Review of journal entries, reconciliations, reporting packages, financial performance insights and other duties as necessary- Perform continuous assessment of the close process and process re-engineering to reduce timing to close the financial period- Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements- Ensure compliance with IFRS accounting standards- Coordinate with external consultants and file timely all types of tax returns
● Lead audits from external parties and regulatory bodies as required
● Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal team members and cross-functional teams- Have strong business acumen coupled with accounting background and strong communication skills to effectively facilitate information flow between cross- functional business partners and the Finance organisation- Assist team on strategic, ad-hoc projects related to challenges faced by growing, multi-national companies
● Build and lead team of high-performing accounting professionals- Identify gaps and develop team by guiding and mentoring (provide training, feedback and coaching)
● 4+ years of relevant experience, including mix of- Big 4 accounting firm- International organisation- Pre-IPO/high growth company● Knowledge of US / State tax● SAP● IFRS